I started this website towards the end of 2016 because I felt overwhelmed with all the profiles I had online. Each displayed information about me, and I spent a lot of time going back & forth between each one for various sharing, connecting, and editing. I wanted to drop back, and slowly deleted accounts on Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. This became my go–to place (my ‘sublime abiding‘)
In retrospect, I may have felt like my identity was scattered, and I was in the process of a serious self-improvement kick. This was more or less a way for me to metaphorically, and literally, start the idea of ‘me’ over. Deleting those accounts was like deleting the old ‘me’ that they reminded me of.
So, that’s what this site is all about. The continual process of becoming who you hope to be, and keeping your eyes open.
If you are looking for a place to start, I suggest the “featured” tag.
Or, jump right to the latest posts!
- Memory—Interesting books—Chris D’elia—How to Be a Stoic
- Hiking from Coachella Valley: 10 Hikes for a Mild Adventure, Hike 2, Traveler’s Peak
- Important Things: How you might try to understand yourself
- Hiking from Coachella Valley: 10 Hikes for a Mild Adventure, Hike 1, The Grand Canyon
- Moon app—Philosophy Podcast—Motown—Screen Time—Nietzsche
A little more about me..
Born & raised in Washington state.
A favorite quote?
“What upsets people is not things themselves but their judgements about the things.”
-The Handbook (Enchiridion), Epictetus