Toscana Country Club
Indian Wells, CA
Nov. 2017 – April 2018
I moved down to California for the winter to experience a different golf facility. I was an Assistant Golf Professional that spent most of my time in the shop.
- Owned by Sunrise Corporation
- Built in 2004
- Equity Membership Initiation Fee: $65,000
- Approximately 400 golf memberships
- Association of Golf Merchandisers Award Winning Golf Shop
As an Assistant Golf Professional I was responsible for;
- Day-to-day operations in the golf shop which included;
- Member services (regripping, retail assistance)
- Placing special orders/checking in merchandise
- Tee-sheet entry & billing
- Organizing & cleaning displays
- Hole-In-One program execution
I had the opportunity to participate or experience a variety of interesting things at Toscana, like;
- Playing in the Pro’s Invitational
- Helping with the Harmon-Haas golf school
- Completing my Level 2 Portfolio
- Examining the golf cart fleet procedures and financials
- Helping in planning and running a tournament
Other beneficial aspects of my time at Toscana C.C.?
Toscana was a much larger facility than the one I worked at in Washington. It was also a more expensive club to belong to. Many of the procedures, and equipment, were industry standard.
The customer service expectation was higher than I was used to at my other club.
I was able to work for, and observe, some experienced professionals. The Director of Golf, Charlie Peterson, had been a director of golf at another private course in the desert for eight years. The Head Golf Professional, Marty Matsusaki, had come over from the The Vintage Club in Indian Wells, CA. The merchandiser, Tricia Daniels, operates a very large budget and has created an award winning golf shop at Toscana.