This is the first half of the longest section of notes. What may happen with a quote or two is that they ended up in two sections. That is simply because it felt wrong to keep it restricted to only one category.
The Understanding & Growth category tries to collect information that helps to understand you, other people, culture/society, humans, etc. This search for understanding seems to be inspired by a desire to improve. Therefore, this section, that has notes on understanding the important agencies of our lives, is also related to growth.
The authors that are included in this section are (in order of appearance);
- Sam Harris, Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion
- Dr. Robert Cialdini, Influence
- Josh Waitzkin, The Art of Learning
- Dale Carnegie, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- Carol Tavris & Elliot Aronson, Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me)
- David Reynolds, Constructive Living
- Timothy Wilson, Strangers to Ourselves
- Sebastian Junger, Tribe
- Meg Jay, The Defining Decade
- Jonathan Haidt, The Happiness Hypothesis
- Yuval Noah Harari, Sapiens
- Atul Gawande, The Checkilst Manifesto
- Jane McGonigal, Reality is Broken